Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Paul Rubin http
Mon Dec 20 08:36:48 EST 2004

Bulba! <bulba at bulba.com> writes:
> Reason 1: It would be somewhat complex to develop it using
> PHP (I have done some recon in that area) and using GUI
> on Windows is actually faster way of entering and editing data
> than via the Web browser I think.

Well, I was concentrating more on implementation hassle.  But I
was thinking in terms of Python, not PHP.

> ZOPE could provide the workaround but ZOPE seems really huge to
> me and an overkill for this. Or maybe it would work?

Zope seems huge to me too.  I'd just use a Python cgi, optionally with
one of the simpler Python template libraries.  Just try to keep things
simple, and never allow access except to authorized, trusted users
(i.e. don't run the app on the open internet without SSL and login
authentication) and you won't have to worry too much about security.