Book Recommendations

Nathan Weston elbows at spamcop.net
Fri Dec 3 16:06:15 EST 2004

I'm new to Python and am looking for a book to get me up to speed
quickly. I'm an experienced programmer and very proficient with Ruby,
so Python is coming easily to me and I don't need a gentle
introduction -- I just need a quick way to get familiar with common
Python idioms and important libraries.

I'm also looking for a "gentler" book to help introduce some of my
co-workers to python. They are also experienced programmers, but
mostly in C++, with some Java/C# but minimal exposure to scripting
languages.

Any suggestions?