Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Dec 21 16:20:48 EST 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 7:25 AM, Bulba! wrote:

> The long lists of invoices, subcontractors and tasks (possibly
> hundreds or thousands) will have to be displayed - which toolkit
> is better for that in your experience?
>
> I would appreciate anybody sharing their experiences with
> relevant toolkits in development of this type of software
> or similar.

	You might want to check out Dabo, an application framework of which I
am one of the authors. We use wxPython as our UI toolkit, but have
streamlined the programming of the UI. We've also added data binding,
making developing apps that need to work with a database much, much
simpler.

	Even though Dabo is still in development, I've used it to create an
app that helps me manage the archives of the technical email lists I
host (currently holding over a quarter-million rows).

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /