Python To Send Emails Via Outlook Express

Ganesan R rganesan at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 20 03:24:26 EST 2004

> But all I want to do is use Python to instruct Outlook Express to send an
> email.  That way the user would not have to do any setting up etc of the
> mail server properties etc and Outlook Express will magage all the
> connection side of things.

Are you sure CDO.Message uses OE configuration to send mail? The examples of
CDO.Message usage that I see on the net appear to explicitly load some
configuration. Try this for example,

cdoSourceOutlookExpress	= 2
s.Configuration.Load(cdoSourceOutlookExpress)

before s.Send(). It looks like by default CDO.Message() will use the local
IIS "Virtual SMTP Server" which refuses to relay by default.

Ganesan