sql server support from linux

Simon Wittber simonwittber at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:48:47 EST 2004

I am currently tasked with connecting Python CGI programs, under
Apache2 / Linux, to SQL Server on Windows 2000.

The latest MSSQL module from
http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/ (0.09) will not (for
me, at least) compile on Debian.
The next version of the module (0.08) will compile, but raises a
MemoryException whenever I return varchar fields. Hopeless. It also
segfaults (!) whenever I use datetime fields.

The sybase library (also from object-craft) appears to work, but
raises an exception whenever an empty query result is returned. This
is bizzare, and not DB-API 2.0 compiant.

Does anyone in this list ever connect to SQL Server from Linux, using
Python? If so, what is your solution?

I'm going nuts over here!

Sw.