newbie: Datetime module for Python 2.2.x

Eric Azarcon junk at azarcon.com
Thu Dec 16 15:15:39 EST 2004

Hello!

I'm fairly new to Python, and was wondering if someone might be able to
help. I'm doing something that requires the datetime module released in
2.3. Unfortunately, the target machines are running 2.2.x and there is
no easy way that I know of to install 2.3/2.4 (RHEL ES).

I've done some looking around, and located and downloaded a tarball
from Zope that seems to address this, but have no idea how I am to
install this. The file is a datetime.tar.

I've also downloaded the source from Python.org, and have the C source
for datetime. Of course, I have no idea how to compile just that
module. And installing it, if I ever get that far.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric