pickle and py2exe

Justin Straube justinstraube at charter.net
Thu Dec 2 18:47:59 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:48:39 -0600, "Catfish" <losnations at comca> wrote:

>I did this a while back, and I can't remember exactly. Therefore, I may only
>be able to give you a push in the right direction until someone else can
>answer it fully.
>
>However, I think you have to force the db into the py2exe compile. I think
>it's something like this:
>
>--force-imports dbhash
>
>Try this and see if it works.

Thanks Catfish,

This brought up an error, option: --force-import not recognized.

While looking into this, I had seen some mention of protocol option in pickle. I
hadnt specified anything for protocol, so it defaults to 0 though I dont know
what that is. Its my first time using pickle and second with py2exe.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ill keep trying at this and another idea without
pickle.

Justin