[Python-Dev] PEP: __source__ proposal

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at email.com
Sat Dec 4 20:22:47 EST 2004

John Roth wrote:
> I don't see enough here to make a very intelligent comment,
> so I'll risk it and make what might be a rather uninformed
> comment.

This was a misdirected reply on my part - the rest of the discussion can be
found in the python-dev archives on python.org or gmane.

I think your comments were basically on target, though - the idea is to be able
to 'recompile' portions of the interactive session, replacing the code objects
inside the function structure. (or adding entries to class dictionaries, etc, etc)

Cheers,
Nick.