Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Paul Rubin http
Tue Dec 21 18:20:31 EST 2004

Dave Cook <davecook at nowhere.net> writes:
> Web browser "widgets" seem pretty limited to me, though.

You might not care.

> You don't even have something as simple as a combo box (i.e. an
> editable entry with a drop down),

Just put an input field and a dropdown on the page.

> let alone the rich set of widgets something like wxwidgets offers.

The rich set of widgets is sort of like a rich set of fonts in a word
processor.  Most of the time, your document can function perfectly
well with just one font.

> Also web development doesn't seem as coherent to me as development
> with a good GUI framework.

I'm not sure what that means.  But yeah, any gui (web or client side)
tends to need a lot of tweaking.