MySQLdb & Python 2.4 on Windows

Matthias Verniers matthiasverniers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 18:35:52 EST 2004

Hello

Yesterday I installed Python 2.4. Since I often work with MySQL, I need
the MySQLdb module, wich worked fine under 2.3. Now, it doesn't work
under 2.4, it says it needs python 2.3 when I try to install the module.
Now I have some (rather nooby) questions:
1. Has anyone tried installing MySQLdb 1.0 under Python 2.4 and has he
succeeded? Please let me know how to do it or where I can find more
information.
2. Is it possible to use Python 2.4 & 2.3 next to each other without
conflicts? This is probably not a real descent solution...
It wouldn't be a problem to downgrade to 2.3, but since 2.4 works fine
too, I don't see why I shouldn't use it, if I don't mind the MySQL
problems of course.

Thanks in advance!

Matthias