MP3 - VBR - Frame length in time

Ivo Woltring TheDolphin at ivonet.nl
Sat Dec 11 14:32:30 EST 2004

"JanC" <usenet_spam at janc.invalid> wrote in message
news:Xns95BA3350D476BJanC at 213.118.46.53...
> Dmitry Borisov schreef:
>
> > It has something to deal with the VBR tags( XING header ).
>
> *If* there is a VBR tag (it's a custom extension) and *if* that VBR tag
> contains a correct value.
>

> --
> JanC
>
> "Be strict when sending and tolerant when receiving."
> RFC 1958 - Architectural Principles of the Internet - section 3.9

mmpython will help but not always.
Lets put it this way. I will ALWAYS read through the whole file. In that
order I don't mind evaluating each frame. The thing I don't seem to be able
to find is the timelength-constants for frames for the different mp3
versions, bitrates and layers. Can anybody help me?

Thnaks,
Ivo