Web forum (made by python)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Dec 20 07:37:04 EST 2004

Nick Coghlan wrote:

> Aye - one thing I've noticed on both py-dev and here, is that when people seem especially snippy,
> sarcastic or touchy, my best bet is to assume it's something in real life that's pissing them off,
> rather than anything I actually said.

works both ways -- it can be something in your life that makes you read too
much into things.  instead of immediately playing the "drama pythonista" card,
ask yourself if that thing you read really was a vicious attack by bunch of nasty
trolls, or if, perhaps, you missed the point.

inserting smileys at appropriate places can often help.

</F>