lies about OOP

projecktzero projecktzero at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 22:33:25 EST 2004

I know this might not be the correct group to post this, but I thought
I'd start here.

A co-worker considers himself "old school" in that he hasn't seen the
light of OOP.(It might be because he's in love with Perl...but that's
another story.) He thinks that OOP has more overhead and is slower than
programs written the procedural way. I poked around google, but I don't
know the magic words to put in to prove or disprove his assertion. Can
anyone point me toward some resources?

We do web programming. I suspect that OO apps would behave as good as
procedural apps, and you'd get the benefit of code reuse if you do it
properly. Code reuse now consists of cutting and pasting followed by
enough modification that I wonder if it was worth it to cut and paste
in the first place.

Thanks.