string slicing

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 18:32:51 EST 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:07:47 +0100, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> a suggestion: if you really want to be productive in python, forget about
> "is" for a while.  good code doesn't copy stuff much, either, by the way.
> python's all about objects, and things that hold references to objects.

I believe that the "is-obsession" has its roots on the old C-ish
confusion about comparing pointers vs. actual contents pointed by
them. That's about the same here, except that Python isn't C, and that
object references in Python behave in a sane way :-) making "is"
unnecessary most of the time.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos