Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Dec 28 12:18:39 EST 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 11:57 AM, Paul Rubin wrote:

> This still seems way too complicated.  Why execute a bunch of separate
> statements when what you're trying to set up is a single structure?
>
> E.g.:
>
>     menu = dabo.ui.Menu(("Close Window, self.onCloseWindow),
>                         ("New Window", self.NewWindow),
>                         ("Print", self.Print))

	Obviously, something like that could also be added - do you want to
help develop Dabo? We're always looking for talented people with good
ideas!

	I should also mention that there is a class that creates a base
menubar, with the typical menus that nearly all apps use. I needed to
add to an existing menu; hence the call to menu.append().

	Since Dabo is now a two-person effort, we develop as we need things. I
am working on the UI Designer, and needed to make menu entries. Up
until now, we've coded them the wx-way, but I wanted to remove that
wxPython dependency, so I took a detour from the UI Designer to create
the menu classes. That's pretty much the pattern: things get written as
they are needed.

      ___/
     /
    __/