[OT] Python IDE

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Dec 17 12:47:35 EST 2004

Q: What's the second most annoying thing to do on Usenet?
A: Fail to properly trim quotes.

"Dan Perl" <danperl at rogers.com> writes:

> "Fuzzyman" <fuzzyman at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1103273435.300126.261200 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>> Dan Perl wrote:
>>> "Mike Meyer" <mwm at mired.org> wrote in message
>>> news:86brct1zr3.fsf at guru.mired.org...
>> posting.
>>> Yeah, you're right.
>> If it's a short reply to a long post - in context - top posting is
>> often *significantly * less annoying......

When replying to a long post, you should trim the post to the relevant
parts. This goes a long way towards solving that problem. Even if the
relevant parts are rather long, it's still better to not top post,
because that'll leave things out of order for replies.

> I'm not sure whether you were attacking me too (am I the "little mind"?) or
> supporting me, Fuzzy.  Anyway, I think that Mike Meyer was more annoyed by
> my jab at US politics than by my top posting.  But it was safer for him to
> pick on the latter.

You're wrong. I don't even remember seeing any comment about american
politics in your post.

         <mike