Help beautify ugly heuristic code

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Fri Dec 10 10:39:51 EST 2004

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:01:36 -0800, Lonnie Princehouse wrote:

> I believe you can still do this with only compiling a regex once and
> then performing a few substitutions on the hostname.

Cool idea.  Convert ip matches to fixed patterns before matching a fixed
regex. The leftovers like shaw cable (which has the MAC address of the
cable modem instead of the IP) can still be handled with regex patterns.

I had an idea last night to compile 254 regexes, one for each possible
last IP byte - but I think your idea is better.

Mitja suggested a socring system reminiscent of SpamAssassin.

That gives me a few things to try.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>