Sorting in huge files

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 16:52:03 EST 2004

Paul wrote:
> Is this reasonnable to do on 10^8 elements with repeats in the keys? I
> guess I should just try and see for myself.

Yeah, that's usually the right solution.  I didn't comment on
space/speed issues because they're so data dependent in a situation like
this, and without actually looking at your data, I doubt anyone here can
even really ballpark an answer for you.  And if we had your data, we'd
probably just try to load it and see what happens anyway. ;)

Steve