BASIC vs Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 18 08:17:56 EST 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:41:46 +0100, Gregor Horvath
<g.horvath at gmx.at> wrote:

> That means that you can set a breakpoint. While the debugger stops you
> can edit the sourcecode (to some extent) without stopping program
> execution and let the interpreter run this new code without restarting
> the program.

You can do that in C/C++ in some environments (within limits).
About 11 years ago I used a C++ IDE called ObjectCenter which
included a C/C++ interpreter and ran on my Sun workstation. It
was pretty cool for the time and worked quite happily on my
350Kloc C program...

If C can do it I'm sure it must be feasible in python!

Alan G.
Author of the Learn to Program website