Maven like tool?

Byron Saltysiak byronsalty at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 09:50:15 EST 2004

Hi, I'm new to Python and looking to run a large project that would
need automated builds and project reports such as unit test coverage.

Maven is a great Java software to do this - but is there something I
should use for Python? I did some searching on SF and this list but
can't figure out what tools are used by teams to manage large Python
projects (other than the obvious CVS).

One idea is to create Maven plugins and reports that would work for
Python. The plugin would offer build/test/pydoc. One report could be
based on PyLint.

Sounds like fun but I don't want to re-invent the wheel if something
is already out there then I'd rather be a user for this one than the
developer.

Thanks in advance.

Byron Saltysiak