create lowercase strings in lists - was: (No subject)

Mark Devine markdevine at eircom.net
Thu Dec 16 12:02:30 EST 2004

Sorry for not putting a subject in the last e-mail. The function lower suited my case exactly. Here however is my main problem:
Given that my new list is :
[class-map match-all cmap1', 'match ip any', 'class-map match-any cmap2', 'match any', 'policy-map policy1', 'class cmap1', 'policy-map policy2', 'service-policy policy1', 'class cmap2']

Each element in my new list could appear in any order together within another larger list (list1) and I want to count how many matches occur. For example the larger list could have an element 'class-map cmap2 (match any)' and I want to match that but if only 'class-map match-any' or 'class-map cmap2' appears I don't want it to match.

Can anybody help?
Is my problem clearly stated?