Sorting in huge files

Paul paulolivier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 05:34:33 EST 2004

The reason I am not telling you much about the data is not because I am
afraid anyone would steal my ideas, or because I have a non-disclosure
agreement or that I don't want to end up pumping gas.
It is just that it is pretty freaking damn hard to even explain what is
going on. Probably a bit harder than your usual database.

If you really want to know, my entries are elliptic curves and my
hashing function is an attempt at mapping them to their Serre resdual
representation modulo a given prime p.

Now, for you to tell me something relevant about the data that I don't
already know from some big-shot conjecture/theorem would probably
require that you read a few grad school books on number theory. Happy?