Why I can NOT use Python but PHP

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Dec 2 14:09:56 EST 2004

Lad wrote:

> I would like to set up my website and allow customers to choose
> products there, including shopping carts. I would like to use Python
> but it would be very complicated to start from nothing.
> Why is there not any(?) framework or complete e-commerce solution
> written in Python?
> There are lots in PHP.One, very nice is http://www.oscommerce.org
> Lad

I fail to see the point of asking for a finished product in Python
that's already available in another language. Am I being dense? The
obvious answer seems to be "If you like the oscommerce.org software then
use it".

"I would like to use Python" implies this is a hobby, not a commercial
enterprise, in which case it's easier to understand what's going on, and
then the advice might be "Pick the PHP apart and use that as a quide for
building similar functionality".

regards
  Steve
--