New versions breaking extensions, etc.

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Mon Dec 13 23:08:04 EST 2004

In article <1eqvd.6731730$6p.1055867 at news.easynews.com>,
Jive <someone at microsoft.com> wrote:
			.
>Bit by bit, I am remembering now just how stupifyingly brain-dead the MS DLL
>scheme is.
			.
			.
			.
Part of the trick is that it demands deep understanding
to detect the antisynergies that arise from the interac-
tions of the DLL, registry, and filesystem schemes.  I
know it was only this year that I realized the whole
installation-requires-reboot absurdity is a consequence
of DLL (mis-)design.

That's judgmental of me.  What I'm saying is *I* wouldn't
do an OS that way.  It's certain, though, that I'll never
extract as much consumer surplus as Microsoft has, so my
evaluations should count for little.