Python + Newspipe

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Fri Dec 10 11:47:57 EST 2004

kael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to run _Newspipe_ but Python returns an error :

> [root at kael root]# python2.3 /home/kael/newspipe/newspipe.py
> newspipe.py - version 1.1.1 revision 1.42, Copyright (C) 2003-2004
> Ricardo M. Reyes <reyesric at ufasta.edu.ar>
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/home/kael/newspipe/newspipe.py", line 1484, in ?
>      MainLoop()
>    File "/home/kael/newspipe/newspipe.py", line 1323, in MainLoop
>      config = LeerConfig()
>    File "/home/kael/newspipe/newspipe.py", line 895, in LeerConfig
>      for attr in ini.options('NewsPipe'):
>    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/ConfigParser.py", line 240, in
>    options
>      raise NoSectionError(section)
> ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'NewsPipe'
>
> Unfortunately, I'm new to Linux (RedHat9) and to Python (2.3) and
> I'm not able to understand this error message.
>
> Could someone enlighten me ? O:-)

1. Read about ConfigParser here:

    http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ConfigParser.html

2. Read the traceback from the bottom up:  (1) The exception is
   raised in ConfigParser.py on line 240 in function/method options.
   (2) This was called from newspipe.py on line 895 in
   function/method LeerConfig.

3. It's looking for a section named "NewsPipe" in your
   options/config file.  Check your config file.  Is that
   section name misspelled?  Is the section missing?  Does
   the NewsPipe documentation tell you where the config file
   should be and what it's name is?  If not, look in newspipe.py.

Hope this helps.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman