Tabnanny really useful?

Yet Another Mike saynotodevilspam at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 13:34:26 EST 2004

I'm told Tabnanny was inspired by lint, the Unix utiltity to check C sources
(and probably others).  Lint was primarily useful in days long ago when CPUs
were slow and a compile used a significant amount of resources. In a
multiuser environment (we ran an Intel 286 in multiuser mode!!), the
compiles could bring everyone else to a crawl. Lint was used because it was
a less-CPU intensive way to catch bonehead errors and fix them before using
precious compile time.

Today,lint and Tabnanny may still have their uses as noted by others to
cleanup the tab/space conundrum.
--
Mike

news:envds0pfjnbenoll9nh9b4l5tca4kn9d00 at 4ax.com...