Updating file objects automatically

Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho godoy at ieee.org
Thu Dec 30 06:20:01 EST 2004

Craig Ringer, Quinta 30 Dezembro 2004 06:27, wrote:

> I couldn't really catch your explanation, but mention of changing all
> instances of a class suggests that you may be in a situation where you
> need to modify the class, not its instances. There are two methods I use
> when I have to change things across all instances:

I'm sorry.  It was late here and I've been coding this and other things for
near 14h in a row...  I think that even I wouldn't understand that if I
weren't working with it :-)

> I have no idea if that's actually appropriate for your needs, it's just
> a stab in the dark, but perhaps it might be.

It helps, yes.  Putting the object on the class instead of on an instance of
it might (I'm 99.9% sure) solve the problem.  (I have already done that for
other object that is shared, but I didn't remember doing that for this)

Thank you.  You helped a lot to make me "see" it :-)

--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>