Tibia 0.1 DOM-based website editor

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Mon Dec 13 11:42:34 EST 2004

Richie Hindle wrote:
> [Robert]
> > Tibia is an in-browser editor for web pages. It allows you
> to quickly
> > and easily modify the content of your web pages. It allows you to
> > directly view, edit, and save files on your webserver.
>
> Very impressive!  I ran into a couple of difficulties but
> otherwise it's a great tool.

Thanks! We're starting to use it already in-house.

> I had to hard-code a username - does it require you to use HTTP
> authentication before it will work?  If so, it would be good if you
> mentioned that in the documentation.

Currently, it requires you to use *some* form of authentication. I'm
working on a way to get around that for intranet deployers who don't
care (but _should_, but hey, it's their loss). If you set up your own
site, you also need to have somebody in the Admin group if you want to
get any editing done.

> It also erased my HTML file when I tried to save my changes.
> 8-)  I'll try to track that one down if I get the chance.

Sorry about that. Tibia switches between three modes: web, upload, and
server. The initial release had an ugly pattern where you would open a
webpage, switch to server mode (without realizing it) by clicking the
"server" flyout button and then hit save--and get nothing saved because
you thought you were still in "web mode". I changed the events a bit in
recent releases so that doesn't happen anymore; you only change to
server mode when you actually load a file from the server.

Numerous other buglets fixed over the weekend. Thanks for the feedback,
all!

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries