long number multiplication

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Sun Dec 5 13:35:28 EST 2004

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 09:02:18 +0530, I.V. Aprameya Rao wrote:
> i have been wondering, how does python store its very long integers and
> perform aritmetic on it.
>
> i needed to implement this myself and was thinking of storing the digits
> of an integer in a list.

Uh, why? What possible environment are you programming in where the
correct answer isn't to grab one of many high-quality libraries to do it?

(Homework? If that's the case the Python source will likely prove too
complicated to be useful to you due to optimization, though I haven't read
it and I don't directly know.)