How did you learn Python?

howardrh howardrh at westerncom.net
Fri Dec 3 17:41:35 EST 2004

"Shawn Milo" <ShawnMilo at runbox.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.7085.1102085678.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> I was just wondering what the best books were for learning Python.
>
> Which books are good for getting started, and which should be saved for
> later, or or not useful except as a reference for the learned?

If you have any interest in using Python for numerical computation
take a look at Python Scripting for Computational Science by Hans
Peter Langtangen.  The book is quite expensive, about US $85, but well
worth it in my opinion as it covers just about all of the available
Python resources for numerical computation.