Python mascot proposal

sdeibel at wingware.com sdeibel at wingware.com
Thu Dec 16 13:08:47 EST 2004

Please note that to make something official, it has to be passed
through the Python Software Foundation, which holds the intellectual
property for Python and is responsible for trademarks associated with
the language.

If you're serious about doing this, you may want to email "psf at
python dot org" to get information from the board of directors (I'm one
of them, BTW, but I can't speak for the whole group).

It would be nice to have a single strongly identifiable visual
trademark for Python.  There are many icons/logos that people have
invented but none that's "official" and having many tends to dilute the
ability to build a strong well-known visual trademark.

- Stephan