Boo who? (was Re: newbie question)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Dec 21 20:50:41 EST 2004

"Luis M. Gonzalez" <luismgz at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1103585080.635393.220070 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> Terry Reedy wrote:

related to Python as PyPy or Stackless, I wrote.

>> but I think this is silly.

The 'this' that I referred to as silly was the equality part of the claim,
not that that Boo has *some* relation to Python.  I tried to explain by
continuing ...

>>  PyPy is an alternate implementation of Python,
>> not a different language.  Stackless is a compiled extension, like many
>> others, that works with the standard implementation or maybe still a
>> minor modification thereof.

> you're right, but what when I say "python related", I mean that it has
> something or a lot in common with python,

I did not and do not dispute that Boo has some (lesser) degree of
relatedness.  I continued by suggesting that it was about the same as for
Prothon.  That there are differences in degree of relatedness was my point.

Nor did I or would I claim that the lesser degree of either is so low that
neither should ever mentioned here.

Terry J. Reedy