Improving Python (was: Lambda going out of fashion)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Dec 23 11:06:27 EST 2004

    Keith> My personal gripe is this. I think the core language, as of 2.3
    Keith> or 2.4 is very good, has more features than most people will ever
    Keith> use, and they (Guido, et al.) can stop tinkering with it now and
    Keith> concentrate more on the standard libraries.

What keeps you from being part of the "et al"?  This is open source, after
all.  Note that there's more to be done than simply writing code.
Documentation always needs attention.  Bug reports and patches always need
to be verified and vetted.  Even mundane stuff like managing mailing lists
detracts from the time the most experienced people could spend writing code
you might not be able to do.  There's lots to do.  Start here:

    http://www.python.org/dev/

Go anywhere. <wink>

Skip