xml.sax in Python 2.3.4

Gustaf Liljegren gustafl at algonet.se
Wed Dec 1 18:56:27 EST 2004

After a long break with Python I'm trying to get started again. I need
to do some SAX processing, but it seems things have changed, and I can't
find any docs describing how to make things work *today*. The SAX
example in the XML HOWTO [1] doesn't work anymore. I get this error:

D:\Test>python comics.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "comics.py", line 5, in ?
     class FindIssue(saxutils.DefaultHandler):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DefaultHandler'

I hope someone here can explain what has changed and how a working
example looks today. My needs are very simple, so don't want to install
any packages on top of the standard distribution.

1. http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/howto/node12.html

--

Gustaf