What is on-topic for the python list [was "Re: BASIC vs Python"]

Doug Holton insert at spam.here
Tue Dec 21 17:08:29 EST 2004

Hans Nowak wrote:
>> Quote:
>> "this is comp.lang.python, not comp.lang.boo."
>

> Which is obviously not the same as "Boo should not be mentioned on this
> newsgroup".

I used the exact same phrase in another note except using the term
"logo" instead of "boo", and that is the exact interpretation I
immediately received from others - they felt I was censuring the
discussion here, as I felt you were.

 > The discussion with Logo and other languages in it was off-topic too,
 > but it wasn't offensive to anyone.

I'm not going to dignify that or the rest of your note with a response.