Python IDE

Alex Stapleton alexs at advfn.com
Tue Dec 14 11:43:37 EST 2004

Chris wrote:
> What IDE's do y'all recommend for Python?  I'm using PythonWin atm, but
> I'd like something with more functionality.
>
> Chris

Oh god we're all going to die.

But er, ActiveState Komodo is quite nice IIRC (can't use it anymore as
all my coding is commercial and I don't need it enough to spend that
much cash on it) but EditPlus is nice once you get it setup but not very
IDEy. Eclipse with one of the various Python modules is horrible don't
bother. There is of course always Emacs, but again it's hardly Visual
Studio (im only talking about the UI, emacs fans please dont flame me)

Personally my vote goes for Komodo, it's at least worth a try with a
personal liscense.