do you master list comprehensions?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 16 09:30:46 EST 2004

Nick Coghlan wrote:
> (FYI, I filed bug report #1085744 on SF about this)

And Raymond Hettinger was able to decipher my somewhat incoherent rambling (tip:
don't try to write bug reports in the wee hours of the morning) and produce a
potentially useful modification to PySequence_Tuple.

Anyway, I guess the results I got emphasizes the fact that it's important to
measure performance of the actual methods you're using on representative input
data, rather than relying on overly simple demonstrators.

And, of course, don't be *too* concerned about optimisations until you know you
actually have a performance problem. . .

Cheers,
Nick.