Python mascot proposal

Keith Dart kdart at kdart.com
Tue Dec 14 06:52:09 EST 2004

Dimitri Tcaciuc wrote:
> Yup, I was aware of the fact of Monty Python roots of the language name.
> However, you will probably agree that a snake is more associative.
>
> Plus, if to use some characteristic MP feature like a giant foot, I'm
> not positive that it won't trigger any copyright issues.

I prefer an alternate meaning:

    2. A diviner by spirits. ``[Manasses] observed omens, and
       appointed pythons.'' --4 Kings xxi. 6 (Douay version).

Since Python is a divine language, and conjures up quick solutions to
ghastly problems.  And, in the spirit of oracles, reflects the wisdom of
the languages design. 8-)

Now, how about an icon that conveys something like that? hm... smoke
curled around wizard perhaps?

--
                            \/ \/
                            (O O)