PajamaScript

Eric Pederson whereU at now.com
Sun Dec 5 20:57:17 EST 2004

Jerome (aka evil tofu) advised:

> I wrote something called PajamaScript. Basically, it parses a text
> file and looks for <pj> tags. Then it calls python to handle the
> scripting. Why learn another language when you already know Python?

> <head>
> <title>This is fun!</title>
> </head>
> The Date is <pj module="misc" function="zdate" / >.<br>
> The Time is <pj module="misc" function="ztime" / >.<p>
>
> <pj module="database" function="generateTableOfResults" / >
>
> PajamaScript then calls the function "zdate" in module "misc" and the
> output replaces the tag. This is not really tested in any production
> system, just a proof of concept I did for a project that never
> materialized. In order to access cgi variables, you can use the cgi
> module or any other python module! Would this be useful to anyone?

Every tool has a use!  Offhand it occurs to me this might a simple, well organized structure for a cgi environment, though I wonder if the extra level of processing might make it a little slow.  Ought to be other uses too...

I _do_ think the <pj> tags and the title "PajamaScript" is brilliant marketing.  Highest kudos!

["PajamaScript" beats "PyTxtParse2ModuleExecEnviron.py" !]

Any functioning examples of its use?

Eric Pederson
def eAddy():
    domainNot="@something.com"
    domainIs=domainNot.replace("s","z")
    ePrefix="".join([chr(ord(x)+1) for x in "do"])
    mailMeAt=ePrefix+domainIs
    return mailMeAt