Boo who? (was Re: newbie question)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Dec 21 14:20:42 EST 2004

Michael Hoffman wrote:

> And Python uses the very best features of ABC. What's your point? ;-)
>
> Not that I've ever even used Prothon, although I thought the way the
> implementor dropped it into conversation was non-obnoxious. There could
> be a valuable lesson here.

I'm not talking about the way the implementor "dropped it into
conversation," I'm talking about the way the language is beyond sold.
The blurb on the Web site mentions this as a selling point, and as a
subtitle for "The Spry Computer Language":

	http://spry-lang.org/

Certainly Python mentions ABC in background information on where Python
comes from.  But Python doesn't mention this as the first sentence in
describing what its virtues are!

   I have not yet begun to right!
   -- John Paul Jones