Identifying exceptions that can be raised

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 1 17:06:09 EST 2004

Tim Jarman wrote:
> OK, I'm an arts graduate[1] so this is probably a really stupid
> question, but what kind(s) of science would be non-experimental?

Astronomy.  Archaeology.  Paleontology.  Seismology.  Cosmic ray
research.

There have been a few experiments in environmental science, like
tenting a small island off the coast of Florida to kill all the
insects then watch how they are reintroduced.

Geology, unless you count the material science work used to
understand how minerals change under pressure and heat, or
including mining as part of geology.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com