extending python with a C-written dll

Jean-Baptiste PERIN jb_perin at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 21 04:40:23 EST 2004

Jean Brouwers a écrit :

> First, you might check the calldll module available here
>
>   <http://www.nightmare.com/software.html>

I have one or two things to try before ..but it looks interesting ..
thank you very much ..

> Take a look at Pyrex, it may fit your requirements to access C from
> Python.
>
>   <http://nz.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/>

Yes, pirex looks very powerful ..I heard about it already .. I know
someone who used it .. and the result was just amazing ..
there's also SWIG which looks very sexy
http://www.swig.org/tutorial.html

My current problem is a compilation one .. I need to first solve it
before exploring these tools ..

> If you do not have these already, you may need the Win32 API extension
>
>   <http://www.python.org/windows/win32/>
>

> /Jean Brouwers

Thank you very much Jean