Boo who? (was Re: newbie question)

Doug Holton insert at spam.here
Mon Dec 20 19:53:01 EST 2004

Hans Nowak wrote:
> Regardless of the merits of Boo, this is comp.lang.python, not
> comp.lang.boo.  The language may *look* like Python, but its inner
> workings are nothing like Python, as several people have correctly
> pointed out now.  (Just like Java's syntax may look like C or C++ in
> some areas, but the languages are nowhere near alike.)  Pointing out the
> difference is not trolling.

Let me say it again then, although I do not know why it threatens people
so much: the syntax of boo is indeed virtually identical to python's.
That is what I said and what is clear from the website.

I already stated that I will not mention boo again, to comply with
Fredrik's wishes and yours.  I will refer to CPython, and CPython only.
  But I will not be intimidated by the likes of Fredrik Lundh.  Trollers
will be held accountable.  If it continues at this pace, then I suggest
a weekly troll alert, to educate and prepare the so-called newbies for
the behavior that occurs on this list.