where is ctypes.py?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Dec 27 12:04:12 EST 2004

wccppp at yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm a complete newbie in learning python.
>
> I was testing some sample codes I found in this newsgroup and seems it
> could not locate the module ctypes.py. I installed python 2.4, wxPython
> and pywin32. Just could not find this file. I thought it should be in
> Lib/site-packages/ directory but it is not there.
> Where can I find this file?

I see others have pointed you to the module, but nobody has
yet told you how you could have found it yourself.

"ctypes" and many other such modules are third-party packages
which do not come with Python itself.  In almost all cases,
you should be able to use Google quite easily to find such
a module by typing "python ctypes" (or substitute the appropriate
name in place of ctypes) in a Google search.  Quite often
the home page of the package (where you'll find instructions
on downloading) will be the first result Google provides.

-Peter