sources for DOS-16bit

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Dec 10 16:30:50 EST 2004

McBooCzech wrote:
> I am looking for Python binaries for DOS-16bit!!!!
> Not for Win-16bit or DOS-32 which are the only DOS availabele sources
> on Python official site and on the other sites as well!!!
> I will prefere sources for Borland C 3.x.
>
> I was trying to use Python 1.0.1 (16python.exe file) for my
> application,
> but I realized it doesn't work on NEC V25 CPU (8086/8088 compatible
> CPU developed by NEC).
>
> I was involved in to our school computer "research" :) and we need
> this piece of code to reach our goal.
>
> We have to demonstrate the power of the free software (mainly its
> compatiblity for different platforms)!!!
>
> Can you please search your archives or route me somewhere?

Does it have to be Python?  There are other languages that
are arguably as portable, and certainly more compact.  Lua,
for example, has been ported to quite small devices.  See
http://www.lua.org/ for more on that, but note there are
other options as well.  Python's not the only "free portable
software" around, though it's the best in many ways.

-Peter