Why are tuples immutable?

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Wed Dec 22 06:21:59 EST 2004

Op 2004-12-22, Fredrik Lundh schreef <fredrik at pythonware.com>:
> Antoon Pardon wrote:
>
>> But this was another subthread.
>
> oh, sorry, I was under the flawed assumption that the first few posts to a
> thread should be seen in the context of the original post.

So? In the mean time there have been more than 50 articles in this
thread. "First few" seems hardly still appropiate.

> I guess I'm a bit
> too old-fashioned for these new-fangled "let's change the subject for each
> new post without changing the subject" thread thingies...

Having a few subthreads after more than 50 articles hardly seems
to warrant the remark: "let's change the subject for each  new post
without changing the subject"

Those subthread had more in common with the original subject than
your remarks here and yet you didn't change the Subject header.

--
Antoon Pardon