Python IDE

David JH davidjh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 14:06:29 EST 2004

On the subject.... can somebody here who uses SPE (or just has some
python knowledge) help me out with the installation process?  I tried
following http://spe.pycs.net/extra/manual/manual.html#windows but end
up with the error:

python /c/system/python24/Lib/site-packages/_spe/winInstall.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/c/system/python24/Lib/site-packages/_spe/winInstall.py", line
1, in ?
import info
File "/c/system/python24/Lib/site-packages/_spe/info.py", line 1, in
?
import os,sys,sm.osx
ImportError: No module named sm.osx

interestingly enough there is an osx.py in
PYTHON_DIR/Lib/site-packages/sm so I figure I may just have python
configured poorly somehow.  Any ideas on where I should look?