A Revised Rational Proposal

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Dec 27 10:37:19 EST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Mike> ... or making them old-style classes, which is discouraged.
>
> Since when is use of old-style classes discouraged?

Well, since new-style classes came along, surely? I should have thought
the obvious way to move forward was to only use old-style classes when
their incompatible-with-type-based-classes behavior is absolutely required.

Though personally I should have said "use of new-style classes is
encouraged". I agree that there's no real need to change existing code
just for the sake of it, but it would be interesting to see just how
much existing code fails when preceded by the 1.5.2--to-2.4-compatible (?)

__metaclass__ = type

guessing-not-that-much-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119