How is Python designed?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Dec 2 19:33:54 EST 2004

"Limin Fu" <fulimin_yuan at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20041202203209.67390.qmail at web80904.mail.scd.yahoo.com...
> Is there any technical description on internet of how
> python is designed? Or can somebody give a short
> description about this? I'm just curious.

One answer is that Python is currently designed by a group of voluntary
developers 'chaired' by Guido van Rossum and communicating via the
python-dev mailing list (gatewayed to gmane.comp.python.devel), the
SourceForge tracker, and other means (technical details omitted).

But if you meant 'how' differently, perhaps you could clarify what you want
after looking around comp.lang.python and perhaps googling the newgroup
archives.

Terry J. Reedy