Python for Series 60 update

Tim Hoffman timh at zute.net
Thu Dec 23 10:56:29 EST 2004

HI

Jukka Laurila wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:52:28 +0800, Tim Hoffman <timh at zute.net> wrote:
>

>>I did find a problem with it on my 7610.
>

>>It works, but I had to hard code my bluetooth mac address (I assume
>>thats what it is called in bluetooth).  The bt_discover() call
>>didn't seem to find my host.
>

> How did it fail? Did it simply not show your computer in the list or
> did it hang indefinitely when connecting to it? Bluetooth discovery
> has always been problematic, but connecting to a host directly using
> the mac address has worked perfectly for months now. (I am one of the
> developers in this project.)

It always came back saying there where no bluetooth devices around.
Interestingly if I then ran ControlFreak (bluetooth remote control for
Winamp) it would connect to the HyperTerm that was still running.

So I am at a bit of a loss as to why the bt_discover call never found
the host

Also normal sync type operations where working fine (as in install apps
etc)

I will try again on the discover but connecting to the host directly is
enough for me at the moment.

Tim